Provencal pastry square
Servings: 4 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
• 3 flaky pastrys,
• 1 green tapenade jar of pesto,
• 1 black olive paste jar,
• 1 tomato cream caviar jar.
Preparation: preheat the oven to 180 degrees (°). You will cook 3 different pastry squares. Take flaky pastrys out of the fridge one after the other and spread them on.
- Cut the first pastry lenghtwise about 15 cm length (6 inches) / 2 cm width (1 inch), spread caviar cream tomato over lenghts. Twist them slightly and place them on a baking tray. Bake in hot oven for 2 minutes, till golden brown. Put aside and let cool.
- Spread second flaky pastry, cut it in half, spread green tapenade with pesto onto each part and shape into finger-size rolls. Put them in the fridge, with cling film for 1 hour, so that it does not stick during subsequent working. Carefully cut pastry spreadable into rings and place these on a baking tray, bake for 2 min. Put aside and let it cool.
- Same for black olive paste, try to make a sort of palm leaves, gently cut pastry and place these on a baking tray, then bake for 2 min.
Tip: appreciated all the time of the aperitif, "feuilletés" can also be made a few hours before eating it and return to hot oven at the last minute (do not use a microwave oven to warm "feuilletés" to prevent softening).
You can also make "feuilletés" with provencal pesto and tomato supreme.